Volunteers play a vital role in helping the MacArthur Memorial accomplish its mission. Volunteers assist staff members in the following areas:
- Catalog books, maps, photographs and documents
- Create inventories and finding aids for future researchers
- Scan and document photographs and other materials
- Tour Guide
- Website/Social Media
- Special Events
- Film Production - research, writing, editing
- Assist in creating new education programs
- Catalog items in the collection
- Research specific collection items
When available, volunteer positions are open to anyone 18+ with an interest in history.
How To Apply
Interested in applying? You will need the following:
Send your completed packet to:
Attn. Education Manager
Norfolk, VA 23510
E-mail: Amanda Williams
I Have Applied, Now What?
We will inform you when we receive your completed application packet.
Please note that while volunteer applications are accepted at all times, that does not necessarily mean that there are available positions. Your application will remain on file and you will be contacted if a position opens that matches your availability and interests.
Due to the high volume of interest in volunteer positions, we regret that we cannot accommodate all those interested in volunteering.